Wednesday, August 25, 2010

iTunes Not A Celebrity Playlist



1. "My Boo" by Usher ft. Alicia Keys - I can't help but love this song, it's so sweet. Usher's Confessions album was just insane. Brings back memories.



2. "VCR" by the XX - I'm such a huge XX fan. This whole album is so brilliant. So hard to pick just one song.


3. "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye - One of the sexiest voices to ever bless the music buisness. It's one of those songs that everyone knows and can't help but sing along to.


4. "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" by Vampire Weekend - I'm kind of a VW groupie. So in love with these guys, they have sound that's purely their own. If I ever decided to become a singer I'd want Rostam Batmanglij as my producer.


5. "Osaka Loop Line" by Discovery - Furthur proof of Rostam Batmanglij's genius, he and Ra Ra Riot frontman Wes Miles bring the sickest beats.


6. "Meiple" by Robin Thicke ft. Jay-Z - I can't recall a smoother duo, Such a bangin' track. Using Brigitte Bardot's "Moi Je Joue" as a hook, genius.


7. "Whatever You Like" by Anya Marina - It's rare for a cover to be better that the original, but I love this easy flowing, super svelte, sexy Anya Marina version of the T.I. song.


8. "Just You and Me" by Zee Avi - My best friend sent me this song a little while ago and I adored the calm, beachy vibe of Zee Avi's album


9. "The Book of Love" by The Magnetic Fields - The deep voice of the lead singer, and the slow melody puts me at ease.


10. "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes - Beautiful Song, not unlike every other song by the poetic Conor Oberst.


11. "Black Sheep" by Metric - I love this song I've seen Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World twice now and Envy Adams singing black sheep which is sung by Emily Haines whom Envy is based on. Just love it.


12. "I Am Not A Robot" by Marina & The Diamonds - For an indie artist this song is pretty kitchy and pop driven, at least I think so. I like it.


13. "The Summer" by Coconut Records - I'm totally smitten with Jason Schwartzman, I think he's such a great actor, and I was pretty big Phantom Planet fan back in the day too. Coconut Records is playlist constant for me.


14. "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis Presley - Probably my favourite Elvis Presley song. Can't argue with The King.


15. "Rill Rill" by Sleigh Bells - I consider this a roadtrip song. It's got a steady beat and it's incredibly catchy.


16. "Thieves" by She & Him - A beautiful song, these two can do no wrong in my eyes.

17. "There Goes the Fear" by Doves - A sweet song. Recalls 500 Days of Summer with Tom and Summer running through Ikea.


18. "Heartbreaker" by MSRTKRFT ft. John Legend - I had this song on repeat for the longest time. And a rare case of the video being perfectly matched. Great beat.

19. "Halo" by Beyonce - I'm generally a total ass about disregarding anything on Top 40 radio but the odd one creeps on my radar. This so is beautiful and the beat has so much going on, it helps convey this epic love story.


20. "The End" by Best Coast - I can't get enough of Best Coast right now. Not to mention the strong personal connnection to this song


21. "New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down" by LCD Soundsystem - No matter where I am, what mood I'm in this song always brings a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment