Monday, June 6, 2011

The heart wants what the heart wants

It's amazing what a couple of years can do to you. Like 16 year old me was smitten with, well I just looked up at my Beatles poster so lets call him John, now I should start off by saying that John has pretty much no idea that I exist. On with the story, 16 year old John had the most Dope Ass Swagger of any boy I seen up to that point. Whenever he would get within 10 feet of me Discovery's 'Osaka Loop Line' would play in my head and my heart would pound like an 808. But I saw John in passing recently, and all I though was Eehhh. He was still attractive of course, I mean sure, but he lost his mojo. he just didn't walk the same (maybe he did, but I remember him a certain way so maybe, just maybe, he never actually moonwalked or two stepped down the halls but hey, it's my memory, that's how I choose to remember it, okay?) Could be just me but it's more likely that John lost his groove. He use to so fresh, so fine, like everyday just blow my mind (shut up.) Two years ago, he had the flyest kicks EVER! Yet in our brief encounter I barely glanced at his feet (and I am a sneakerhead, shoe fetishist in general, but a sneakerhead in particular. So not drooling over his Supras is Gasp worthy). Honestly what about young Johnny had changed? NOTHING! (or so one good friend assured me) It was me! In the time that I had gone off to school and come home, (even in the age of social networking) I had forgotten about John.
...... Now I don't really know what my point is in all of this..... maybe that when we grow up people change, for the better or for worse, you just have to learn to roll with it. Sometimes you'll be disappointed (I know I was. John was the hottest thing of life.) but you can't write anyone else's story. Just your own. So Live Your Life. yeah, yeah that's it.



Don't worry Cory Monteith, I'll always love you

No comments:

Post a Comment